Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Spirit of Gandhi



Can there be a spirit of Gandhi without Gandhi? A spirit of MLK without MLK? The spirit lives when the flesh dies but the temporary must come before the permanent. God as a physical being generated a fatherly spirit. When he emptied himself and became human, the fatherly spirit remained. Jesus acknowledged this in John 4:24. Jesus generated his own spirit, but it didn't blossom into its strongest point of inspiration and influence until he left earth. The spirit is not an individual but an idea or concept created by individual action and behavior. We acknowledge this all the time, and is an aspect of common wisdom, but we tend to make it something that it's not when we apply it to religion. It only makes sense that the greatest individual (God) would generate the greatest, most influential spirit.
These are just my thoughts and as far as I know no one else has articulated them quite the way I have. As you notice, I don't deny God as Father, Son, or Holy Spirit. I'm just putting my own particular spin on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment